Tuesday, February 11, 2014

DIY Day :)

We're having a do it yourself day around here today.  Minnow made his own lunch (I honestly think he's just going to do it this way from now on, he loves it and there are more days he does than days that he doesn't.)

I have been huffing around because at this current moment we are without funds to increase our collection of Montessori works.

I woke up renewed today and decided that I didn't need to spend a penny and I could make some fun works for my little fellows!

First on my "DIY" project list was the single shape sorters for Po.  I made a triangle one and a square one:

Reused Similac Containers :)


I started out with a wood basketball hoop from a thrift store and then used dowels and wooden beads that I already had to make these two:


The number stacker on the left needs color coded numbers and the horizontal stacker needs...something...but the work is done except decorating.



I opted for the food coloring and vinegar coloring, it should be safe for chewing, but the color doesn't seem to come off on hands or mouths.  :)  Montessori win!  Now, onto the next project...

Please forgive the cell phone images, it's what I had at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment