Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So the theme is changing for the week inadvertently...

So I know it's valentine's day this week, but I'm on a DIY kick that just won't quit.  The boys are following my lead and Minnow has taken such an interest in cooking/kitchen activities that I just can't help but do the Montessori thing I've been avoiding.  I had previously given over a drawer to the boys in the kitchen, but it was hard to open and Po generally only went in there to throw glassware *cringe*



So, today I did it.  It's sort of a work in progress.  We need more utensils and I may have gone overboard with food options.  Overall, it's a start.  Not only that, but it's a real test of my self-challenge to change my parenting style to one more in line with the Montessori philosophy.  I'm a born yeller though, so it's been really rough.  I just keep reminding myself that this is the best thing for them and their development and I don't need to expect as much as I do.

So here's to a positive outlook and good mental health :)

On to my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment