Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sometimes I think I should have called this page DIY Montessori.

So here's what we did today:


I made some very basic puzzles for Po.  I made some dressing frames for Minnow that he is completely disinterested in...He may gain interest hen they are presented (I hope)

We did a group project today inspired by http://www.naturalbeachliving.com/2014/02/strawberry-scented-edible-cloud-dough.html

Yeah... I'm sure this is a great recipe- I just did it wrong somehow and ended up aggravated beyond belief.  I used cherry Kool-aid for scent and inadvertently created a really bad staining hazard.  My OCD can handle the mess, but I don't do staining if I can avoid it.  We also added cocoa powder so it smelled like chocolate covered cherries.  (it smelled wonderful by the way) and before I realized the stain potential 4 of 5 kids were elbow deep.  Minnow was literally covered head to to and a fun time was had by all.  Then I noticed wherever it got wet, stained red... I bit my tongue the best way I knew how and tried to minimize the damage, while not totally freaking.  Suffice it to say, I won't be repeating this with Kool-aid.  The cocoa powder variation stands a definite repeat chance.  It sort of resembles dirt, but in a clean, nice smelling, soft sort of way.  I like it and the kids love it.

Hubby got me a pot of tulips, which will be beautiful when they start to bloom.  We got a line on a bigger house and we look at it on Sunday.  We took a quick look and not only is there a yard, it's fenced!  It also seems there's a full basement and if so, I will have my school room!  Oh huzzah! Time will tell.

Then the kids cut up their own fruit and made parfaits with honey greek yogurt and granola :)

Then at the end of the day I made some 3 letter cvc word rods for Minnow.  He hasn't seen them yet :)

Good news on the materials though, I'm told we are able to make the tower, stair, learning tower, and weaning table- construction starts next week :)

That was our Valentine's Day, hope yours was equally lovable.  On to my next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment