Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Trying on a new title and our first review!

Our DIY Montessori seems so much more like what we're about.  There are a lot of changes coming around our house pretty soon.

We're getting ready to move, we just don't know where.  New vehicle soon, and some new reviews of items we'll be buying/making soon.

I'm hoping to get busy this week on a learning tower and weaning table *so excited*.  I had planned to make a tower and broad stair, but am finding that I no longer need to do that.  I'm going to build one from laser cut parts found on etsy!

Check this etsy seller out, ATXinventor!  I'm hoping to see even more wonderful things coming from this shop!  I'm so inspired and impressed by what I've seen so far already.  Fantastic materials, looks easy to assemble, can be used as a building project as well as a Montessori work for your set-up!

One of the best shops for the DIY Montessorian I've found!

He took my tower/stair problem and made it nothing at all! His prices are fabulously low, so getting the materials you need is literally a click away.  He's easy to talk to and very open to ideas.  There are multiple ways to buy these items depending on the level of effort you want to put in or have time for.

The products: Broad Stair



The tower/pink tower


Spindle box


What's that you say?  You want a tower and stair?  SURE! and there is a combo deal if you buy both!


So, my next question was how strong these are, because they look fairly delicate, no?  I mean, the wood isn't very thick.  So we asked him how strong they are...He sent this:


Yep, that's the spindle box under his foot.  Pretty sure it can handle what my 1 and 4 year old can do to it :)  

So far we've seen a spindle box, tower, broad stair, and I'm told today he's coming out with US puzzles!  Maybe soon even more expansion!  Thank you, Yama, for making these materials available to LITERALLY everyone.  Please, check this seller out, you won't regret it.

By the way, I wasn't asked by anyone to write this, and I have not received anything for writing about ATXinventor, I'm just really impressed and like to share the awesome whenever possible.

On to my next project!


Edit on 2/28/2014- After this initial review and some conversations I will be receiving materials from ATXinventor that I have not purchased. I will be reviewing both these and items I have purchased.  Just to keep everything on the up-and-up.  The no-cost materials and the materials I have purchased will be reviewed in exactly the same way, on their merit and durability/ease of construction and use as works/materials and without bias based on his generosity.  I have been asked for an honest review, and that is what I'll be writing-pros and cons.  Thanks and I'll be getting off my soapbox now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment